I’m not a huge chocolate muffin fan, but whenever I hear the word “flourless” I just swoon! It’s something about the what the lack of flour does to the texture that I really love. Especially when chocolate is involved! When I found an almost perfect recipe, I knew it was time to try to make muffins for the first time, even though I don’t have my muffin pan yet . And let me tell you…. Best muffins EVER!!!!
After making these breakfast cookies I knew that bananas would probably make the texture even better! Not only was I right, but in the end, I absolutely I loved the chocolate banana flavor!
1 3/4 cups oats
3 egg whites
little less than 1/2 cup of applesauce
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
little under 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the banana.
3. In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients together except for half the chocolate chips.
4. Place the blended mixture into cupcake liners and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of muffins.
6. Place back in oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
7. Remove and place on rack to cool.
And of course, serve and enjoy! They are quite a bit more dense than the typical fluffy muffin thanks to the lack of flour and addition of yogurt and a banana. But that is exactly the way I like them. Best muffins I’ve ever had in my entire life! So glad they were the first I ever made myself!
Luvv, Leigh B
View original recipe here.
And at that, it was Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful husband and expecting father! I wanted a picture of him or with him but he said no… He was too into baby belly. It was a great day at the ball park though! We had box seats! Best part for Kevin, they served beer to our seats through the 9th inning. Best part for me, ice cream was free through the 9th inning!
How was your weekend?
Luvv, Leigh B
- The fact that there are only three and a half weeks left till I meet little baby!
- Feeding my family’s bunny while they were out of town. Seriously you would think this bunny had never eaten a day in its life. I walked in and decided to do something in the kitchen before feeding the animals. Well, next thing I know, I hear the bunny sitting in his corner whimpering. Obviously he wanted to be fed immediately. So I walked over to the food and he sprinted to me so fast that when he went to stop he slid right by my and into the door. And then of course he pawed at the bag when I started pouring his food… Sorry I couldn’t pour fast enough! Poor bunny lol.
- The fact that Kevin and I have started eating raw, chilled cucumber soup like it’s ice cream. Not even kidding. I haven’t had a pint all week and I was pretty much eating a pint a night there for a month! (Ok, a little exaggerated, but you get the point.) I keep grabbing for this soup instead. Might need to start making bigger doses of it!
- This weekend, however, I decided to celebrate with some ice cream. I got so excited to see Haagen Dazs on super sale! Naturally I bought 8 pints…. And a bottle of wine for husband Fair trade off?!
- I went to put a pint of ice cream back in the freezer and Kevin immediately goes, “Already getting a second?!” I am fully planning on sharing the ice cream, but Kevin was under the impression I was going to eat at least three pints in one night. That’s what you call a crazy Friday night for a pregnant lady!
- Babies crib arrived! And the nursery officially looks like a little nursery!
- A little red London telephone booth cabinet…. I purchased one a couple weeks ago on a whim but then completely forgot about it when I went into nursery mode. Well it was delivered this morning and Kevin and I couldn’t stop chuckling. Such a random purchase, but I love it so much!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Luvv, Leigh B
Less than a month! Oh my goodness! I don’t think it has really settled in yet, except maybe a little bit subconciously. I’ve very recently started picking up Kevin’s beers and even a whiskey and coke as if it is normal for me to have a sip…. I haven’t drank in 7 months! Since when did that start to feel normal again?
I shared my wonderful baby shower on here a couple weeks ago and that was our kick start to getting little girl’s nursery together. Last weekend though we took it further! Kevin and I finally went shopping for more baby girl things and had quite the evening of baby construction! Kevin just can’t wait for our next Ikea adventure… Let me tell you, he loved the zillion pieces our baby girl’s dresser came in! My part while Kevin constructed was removing new clothes tags, little laundry, opening boxes, and putting together all the little baby tools. Took way longer than I thought it would. Little girl is spoiled. Icing on the cake though was putting the little nobs that I found at Anthropologie on the dresser! Looked exactly like I hoped it would! Adorable.
To be honest, the nursery probably won’t be completely done till after little girl arrives, but I wanted to share some of the details that I’ve been loving this week!
Like I said… It’s been a lot about the laundry. The huge pile of trash and cardboard that we got rid of just wasn’t very photogenic. Maybe I will share the full nursery in a couple months! But for now, I hope I got you in on baby-girl-fever!
Luvv, Leigh B
Oh hello, tent-of-a-shirt! Funny how I didn’t like you before but now I do. How you make me hardly look like I have a belly! Thank you for being comfortable
And chambray shirt, thank you for being a substitute for when my jean jacket was a bit too heavy! You were perfect to throw on for the warmer weather!
And weather, I love you! I could basically wear whatever I wanted. Shorts, jeans, tank, long sleeve, whatever! Please do that again!
Luvv, Leigh B