1. This skirt! I’m so super thrilled that I like it with tights on! I thought it was going to be a bare-legged skirt only. I keep picturing it with a tank top and sandals, walking around in Florida (boy do I need a vacation….), and I even put it back in my closet the other day because it was freezing out. But I was determined to find a way to winterize it a bit in the leggy area… And vuola! I think I like this version even better than the way I wore it at Anabelle’s baptism.
2. This turtleneck. I haven’t worn a turtleneck shirt since I was about 10 years old. I had quite the selection back then! Every solid color imaginable and you better believe I had Christmas patterns for this time of the year! But when I stopped wearing them, they faded out of my closet fast. And I haven’t looked back since. But when I found this little shirt hanging all by its lonesome self and misplaced in Target, I was oddly drawn to it. I tried it on and instantly fell in love with the gentle way it hugged my waist and fell perfectly on my hips. The soft fabric folded gloriously around my neck. I knew then that it was a basic I needed to add back into my closet!
3. Have you noticed yet? I cut my hair! Bye bye blue And boy did I need it! I was shedding everywhere to the point where it was grossing me out (thanks breastfeeding hormones…). I drew the line when Kevin went out to a bar to watch the IU basketball game with a friend. He kept texting me about how many hairs they both were pulling out of his sweatshirt. I was mortified. After my apology, I told him I would just go Miley Cyrus on him… That should fix the problem right? Well I needed a hair cut anyway. I grew my hair out so fast that it left my ends just gnarly. Little trims here and there just weren’t cutting it. And I was right. This is sooo much better!
4. I practically got all our Christmas shopping done already! I can’t believe it! I accidentally got really into all the sales this past weekend. I’m so excited! Two presents are already wrapped and under our little tree. (The little tree that we have had for years and I half decorated before we decided to just bite the bullet and by a big one on Sunday…). Now I have the rest of December to relax and work on wrapping the rest of the gifts (And maybe redecorating the tree….). I would imagine Kevin is thrilled since that means he doesn’t have to go shopping at the mall with me this year
5. I ran out of things to say, but I need to go anyways because baby girl is going to roll herself all the way across the room…
Happy hump day!
Luvv, Leigh B
skirt: Urban Outfitters (bought it on sale) / shoes: Urban Outfitters / shirt: Target
So everyone should have eaten all their Thanksgiving leftovers by now, or at least you should have if you want to call yourself an American. But since every year Kevin and my family have a little argument over what a Thanksgiving Day leftover sandwich should really contain, I though I would leave the rest of you with MY family’s proper instructions:
Put EVERYTHING on it!
And there you have it! Best. Sandwich. Ever.
Take that, Kevin! Turkey and mayo is too boring. That’s what you eat when you are in your first trimester of pregnancy and are having trouble eating anything else. (That was me last year…) Real Thanksgiving troopers eat this! You can even make sliders on leftover rolls if you’d like!
Mmmmm! One of my favorite meals of the year!
Luvv, Leigh B
We, here, had such an amazing holiday weekend! We spent Thanksgiving at my parents who live across the street, so we really didn’t have to travel at all! Unless you count walking It’s been 3 years since I didn’t have to travel on this weekend, and before that, it was 4 years. So Kevin and I soaked in our mini stay-cation. And this stay-cation we weren’t getting used to a little newborn rocking our world. Kevin’s Mom visited at the beginning of the week to soak in a little Anabelle time. And my grandpa flew up from Florida for the long holiday weekend. All in all, it was the perfect little holiday break! I even managed to have off from teaching Pilates! The one class I did teach, my client brought me an amazing chunk of apple pie! I love the holidays!
How was your weekend?
Now I’m off to snag a few the last cyber Monday deals! In case you care, I’ve made out like a bandit shopping this weekend! My sister and I went to Altar’d State and shopped the sale room, which was buy one get one free. I even impressed the cashier with my $25 purchase… Originally $200! Then I taught my sister my tricks. Too bad it’s all summer clothes. (One of my tricks )
And we bought a Christmas tree! Yeah, not even Kevin and I saw that one coming…. It was too good of a deal to pass up!
And if I were to say anything about this outfit: Those shoes! Deal Thanks, Target! But that was just a normal day.
Did you score any good deals this weekend?
Luvv, Leigh B
Our Thanksgiving was amazing! I’m not sure what to say, but luckily the pictures basically speak for themselves. My Grandpa flew up from Florida to visit and we spent the day at my parents house. We started out in pj’s with lattes and turned the event into dinner and visiting. Lots of visiting and do I need to even say lots of eating? (My pies were a success by the way!)
Ok, that last one just cracks me up. Isn’t it like one of those awkward, posed, family photos gone wrong?
Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!
Luvv, Leigh B
Things have been a bit busy and I feel like I haven’t really gotten to share my life around here lately. I mean I post an outfit here and some thoughts there, but I haven’t been carrying my camera around much lately, and so I haven’t really shared what’s been going on in my day to day life. I kind of figured nobody was interested in hearing me talk about the weather, or chat about my next painting project, or keeping up on the dishes and laundry, or teaching Pilates again, or watching Anabelle play for the 100th time…. Wait… Everyone loves to here about Anabelle! But you get the point. Life has been busy and I finally want to share a few tidbits
First off, it snowed! Yeah… when my neighbor told me to get ready for Anabelle’s first snow I basically laughed and said I’ll believe it when I see it. More often than not, people around here get so anxious for the first snow that they qualify the first flurry they see as a snow storm. I told my sweet neighbor that if it lasted till noon then I would count it as this winter’s first snow… And guess what. This lasted! And it was gorgeous! My mom called me when she saw the sun pop up over the trees so that I could snap a photo of our new home. Not only did it snow but it was picture perfect.
Since then, it has snowed again. What the heck. I’m placing bets. Will we have a white Christmas? I’m betting it will get unseasonably warm… Figures.
Painting projects! I’ve been all about these lately! I tend to switch back and forth between updating furniture and such, and painting full rooms! I love seeing our house transform before our eyes, and become the homey zone that we love so much.
I couldn’t decide on a color above, by the way… I ended up choosing yellow! And I love it! (Can you tell we are a little addicted to the Annie Sloan Paint around here?! Still need to get her Greek Blue color!)
It’s a good thing I snapped these photos…. Because I might never see her like this again. She’s become the roll over queen as of late, and is never on her back for more than 5-10 seconds anymore. Sometimes she has to put a little extra umph into her roll over depending on how badly her elbow is in the way, but she’s a champ. And it cracks me up. Next thing we know, she’ll be crawling… And we will have to make an emergency run to the store to buy outlet covers.
Ok, and one last thing before I sign out. Aren’t these sneakers just the cutest!?!
Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving!!!
Luvv, Leigh B